BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost 2nd Trimester!

Where did the 10 1/2 weeks go?!  :-)  Baby is doing great so far this week....I am in my 11th week which means on Sunday I will begin my 2nd Trimester!  Baby is the size of a fig this week! Funny how websites do fruit/vegetable comparisons to babies size, but I guess it's a great visual for people :-) 


This week....I am experiencing some stomach upsetting (more like a really sour feeling/tight feeling) but it only happens at night time. But, it's all part of the process I guess :-) 


I've been drinking lots of water, eating salads topped with veggies and having steal cut oats for breakfast with cinnamon - so I'm watching my choices of food.... I actually have no desire to drink diet pop anymore....so unusual for me because I would always love to have a diet coke for lunch. However, I do enjoy my desserts....so gotta watch that! 


We also are in the process of moving apartments (right down the street) but still....it's annoying. John is being so fantastic! He is doing all the lifting and my job is to load up the boxes....hold the door....and organize!  I do have the best hubby in the world!! And, soon to be best Dad too!! 


This Friday (20th), I will have my 1st Trimester Screening at Mott's Children's Hospital. We are lucky to have great insurance that covers 100% of this (it does run over $1,000). During this appointment, they will do a ultrasound to see the thickness of fluid in the babies neck...this checks for Downs Syndrome & some blood work done for any other genetic disorders. Let's hope for all Negative results....but we will have open arms to anything that comes our way. 


That is all for now!  Will post after Friday's tests. 


xoxo 
Erin 







No comments:

Post a Comment