BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, August 20, 2010

Heard the heartbeat!!

Hello!

Today, August 20th at 3:10pm, I had my First Trimester Screening at the Perinatal Assessment Center at U of M.  Before they could start the ultrasound, they wanted my bladder to be very full, so I had to gulp down 32 oz of water! Whew! I did it!   Ron (the perinatal nurse) called me in and explained the whole appointment. He checked for the amount of fluid in back of the babies neck... (which he said looked great) and then I had to head to the blood bank to give some blood samples....results should come back in 1 week they said!

But, the exciting part of the appointment was (besides knowing the fluid is right where it should be) seeing the baby and how much it has grown in just 9 short weeks!

I got to hear the babies heart beat!!!! Okay, I cried.....but come on! :-)  He/She has a heart beat of 152bpm! And, measured in at 51.2cm long....and 11 weeks 6 days old :-)

The next biggy....is October 8th at 3pm to find out the sex!!!

Cannot believe I am almost 3 months in....sure has gone by fast....but I am loving every second of pregnancy so far :-)


Oh...and I think baby has John's nose :-)

xoxo
Erin

2 comments:

  1. so cute : ) i have an u/s pic that looks just like this! he/she is perfectly precious!

    ReplyDelete